Caveman Diet (Paleo Diet ) Review
The caveman diet is another term for the paleo diet. The paleo diet is commonly referred to as the caveman diet due to the fact that, while on the paleo diet, you eat the same foods as caveman did. The paleo diet is also so simple that “a caveman could do it.”
Regardless of the origin of the name, the caveman diet has many of the same principles as the paleo diet. It’s focused primarily on the consumption of higher quantities of real, unprocessed, non-packaged food that cavemen could have eaten thousands of years ago, before Safeway, Walmart, and all of the other mega-super-duper-grocery stores we have available in today’s world came into being. Here are the basics:
caveman diet recipes, caveman diet food list: Eat
Meat, eggs, vegetables, and limited quantities of fruits and nuts. If it contains fewer than five ingredients, it’s probably “real” food.
Grains, dairy, processed foods, and sugars.
A good rule of thumb to ask yourself is “could a caveman eat this?” If it’s packaged in a bag or if it can sit on a shelf for more than a year, it’s probably not on the caveman diet. Sorry!
What the diet can do for you
- Lose weight
- You will lose weight, particularly fat, and your body will instinctively get itself to it’s optimum weight. And as a result you will feel more fit, healthy, and energetic.
- Increase your energy levels
- The mild state of fight or flight you will experience activates your animal insincts for hunting and gathering, which makes you energetic. As you progress through the diet you will notice this energy boost actually increasing.
- Detox your system
- Stuffing food into our bodies, no matter what type it is, inevitably leads to toxin build up. This diet removes toxins naturally, you will increasingly feel clean, your skin will become clearer and your insides will feel cleaner.
- Sharpen your mind, and your senses
- The Caveman Power Diet gets you tuned into your animal instincts, and as a result your senses will become sharper; like an animal in the wild who needs all his senses to survive.
- Deepens your connection with your being (some call it spirit)
- When you are in tune with your animal instincts, you are in tune with your body’s wants and needs. Throughout this diet you will notice yourself having more clarity of mind, and a deeper sense of knowing thyself.
What the diet does not do
This diet does not promote the regimented eating style found in most modern diets. Those diets nearly always fail because they require an absurd amount of willpower, which is very unnatural.
Typical diets are unsustainable because they go against the grain of our natural instincts. Controlling your food intake with minute precision simply isn’t in our genes, and doing things that way is a recipe for misery, if you do manage to succeed it’s very hard work… forever.
Try putting a domestic cat or dog on a strict diet, and you will soon see how unnatural it is. Our primate bodies are no different in that sense. The Caveman Power Diet encourages you to thoroughly enjoy feasting at natural times, rather than punishing yourself with portion control and time deadlines.
What Else You Should Know
Costs: Eating a lot of meat and fish can raise your grocery bill.
Support: You can do this diet on your own. If you want to connect to your fellow Paleos, there are Paleo Diet forums online.