What is the Military Diet?
The military diet, also called the 3-day diet, is a fast weight loss diet based on a set low-calorie meal plan. It is claimed to help you lose 10 pounds in a week.
The diet involves a 3-day low-calorie meal plan followed by 4 days with fewer restrictions.
Proponents of the diet claim that it was designed by nutritionists in the US military in order to get soldiers into top shape quickly.
However, the truth is that the diet isn’t affiliated with any military or governmental institution.
The military diet goes by several other names as well, including the navy diet, the army diet and even the ice cream diet.
It is called a three day military diet because the menu is set for only 3 days of the week. You can see Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3 menus by clicking on the links or by using the buttons on the top of this page. Although the menu is spelled out exactly what you can and can not eat each day for the 3 days you are on the diet that doesn’t mean you can eat like a wild-man/wild-woman for your 4 days off. It’s important not to binge on your 4 days off. Simply eat normally. Don’t try and “catch up” on your calories. Many like the restrictiveness of the diet. They are told exactly what to eat and how much of it. There really is no guess work. One of the reasons that it works is that there is no doubt on what you should or shouldn’t be doing. It is all spelled out for you.
The diet is a combination of chemically compatible foods designed to work together to synergize your weight loss. Some of the menu items seem a little crazy (hot dogs, ice cream, etc.) But they are there for a reason. The meals give the body everything it needs in order not to feel hungry and to keep energy high. When combined with moderate exercise there is nothing more powerful on the planet than getting anyone on the diet in shape. But like a soldier, you simply need to follow the diet.
Who is the 3 Day Military Diet for?
The Military Diet is attracting some stellar reviews and plenty of ardent followers. That’s hardly surprising given the results that many users are experiencing. But does this mean the Military Diet is for everyone?
The Military Diet is best suited to…
· People who have enough motivation to exude lots of willpower—but just for three days. It’s low in calories which means that you will probably feel hungry, but, again, the diet only lasts for three days. As long as you can hang tough for those 72 hours, you will be rewarded with weight loss and skinny results worth bragging about.
· The military diet is also great for people who have neither the time nor inclination to spend lots of time shopping for and preparing food for a special diet. As you’ll see, the military diet is easy to implement.
· Dieters with a limited grocery shopping budget but who still want great results from their diet are also ideal candidates.
· People who don’t like complicated diets that are hard to follow will appreciate the military diet plan. Unlike many diets, which give you so many choices and decisions to make, the Military Diet, as the name would suggest, is straight to the point – it’s my way or the highway. This makes dietary compliance much easier as you simply eat what you are told to eat and don’t have to spend time planning menus or reading recipes.
Pros and Cons of the 3 Day Military Diet
When deciding whether or not you want to give the 3 Day Military Diet a go, you should carefully weigh the pros and cons. You are making a difficult commitment and it’s important to know if it’s worth it to you.
- There is no guesswork involved. The plan is all laid out for you. All you need to do is follow it.
- The meals are quick and easy to prepare.
- You might lose weight quickly.
- The diet is not new so you know exactly what to expect.
- It encourages some amount of exercise.
- It drastically limits your calorie consumption. Very low calorie diets can be dangerous.
- It doesn’t provide enough nutrients to support your healthiest body.
- It won’t lead to lasting weight loss.
- It won’t lead to lasting weight loss.
- It can promote yoyo dieting.
- Many of the foods on the diet are very processed and full of sugars and additives. These foods like ice cream and hotdogs are not mainstays of a healthy diet.
- The diet doesn’t teach you good eating habits or portion control that will set you up for long term success.
- There are no health benefits of this diet.
The 3 Day Military Diet menu:
|DAY 1||DAY 2||DAY 3|
|BREAKFAST||1/2 grapefruit1 slice of toast – Whole grain bread is preferable
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 cup of coffee or tea – No sweeteners or creamers
|1 egg – Can be cooked however you like it. If frying, don’t use oil.1 slice of toast – Whole grain bread is preferable
|5 saltine crackers1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple
|LUNCH||1/2 cup of tuna or salmon1 slice of toast – Whole grain bread is preferable
1 cup coffee or tea – No sweeteners or creamers
|1 cup of cottage cheese1 hard boiled egg – Doesn’t have to be hard boiled. But you can’t cook it in oil
5 saltine crackers
|1 hard boiled egg – Doesn’t have to be hard boiled. But you can’t cook it in oil1 slice of toast – Whole grain bread is preferable|
|DINNER||3 ounces of any type of meat – Chicken, top sirloin, even some types of pork can be lean. Grill or broil the meat without oil1 cup of green beans
1 small apple*
1 cup of vanilla ice cream
*Pro Tip: Warm the apple and eat it with the ice cream.
|2 hot dogs (without bun)1 cup broccoli – Doesn’t have to be cooked (see below)
1/2 cup carrots – Doesn’t have to be cooked (see below)
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
|1 cup of tuna or salmon1/2 banana
1 cup of vanilla ice cream
In the 3 days of the diet, you should lose 10 pounds (i lost 9 pounds. I am very happy with the results of this diet. It gave me hope that there is something that will work for me. It gave me a boost of confidence and self esteem.) After 3 day diet, you can eat your habitual meal but, don’t exaggerate! In the 4th day, you may eat your regular meal. Then, go back on the 3 day military diet. In this way, you’ll be able to lose up to 40 pounds (18 kg) in a month if you follow this diet correctly. It’s a completely safe and healthy diet! And it really works.
5 Tips to Get the Best Results from the Military Diet
1. Drink lots of water. Start each day with a big glass of water and drink water with each meal. Water will help make you feel full and encourage your body to flush out toxins that hold onto fat and bloat.
2. Plan. Buy your food ahead of time so you aren’t tempted by grocery shopping while hungry. Hunger destroys will power. Buy enough food to last you through the whole diet so you can avoid the temptation of shopping during the diet.
3. Do your workout in the morning on an empty stomach. Working out on an empty stomach encourages your body to burn its fat stores. Your body is much more likely to use fat for fuel when there is no food in your belly.
4. Enlist a buddy. Having a buddy to go through this with you will keep you motivated. Plus, it adds an element of competition and support that will make you more likely to stick to the plan.
5. Track your progress. Before you start the 3 Day Military Diet, make sure to take measurements and a photo to track your progress. This will keep you motivated when you see your success.